25 Inspirational Quotes to Motivate You on the Path to Health
11 minute read
The madness of daily life can take its toll on your mind and body. We get in such a routine that we forget to stop to take care of ourselves. Sure you may eat right, exercise and get the right amount of sleep but many people forget to take time for their soul
Your soul can get so easily bogged down with monotony of routines and the pressures from the environments around you. This happens because we don't take the time to really look at what is around us; there is inspiration everywhere to nurture us and guide us.
Why We Need to Be Inspired
You don't have to be a religious person to want to care for your soul.Your soul is as much a part of you as your hands, heart and brain. When our body is tired, we let it rest or perhaps get a massage. Inspiration is essentially a massage for the soul.
Inspiration is a basic human needs like hunger, thirst and security; without it we cannot be whole. Inspiration has the ability to draw us away from negative thoughts and protects us from getting dragged down by the chaos of the world.
The most creative people in the world from painters and writers to architects get inspiration from what surrounds them and what they see. You too can do the same The good news is that you can inspire yourself without going outside.
| Related: Study: 12 Ways To Stay Zen with 10 Minutes A Day |
If you feel lost during your day at work, try reading an inspirational quote. The more often this is done, the more is a positive influence you will see. A simple quote recited daily, may just be the change in your life that you need. A simple quote can lift your mood and guide you to complete the health goals you set for yourself.
25 Inspiration Quotes You Need To Know
1. “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened”. Try to avoid focusing on the negative aspects or the sadness of an event. Think of it in terms of what you learned and embrace the feelings you had. Keep smiling and keep your mind sharp by not allowing it to dwell on negative emotions.
2. “Your imagination is the preview of your coming attractions”. This quote gives you the power to set your own goals. By thinking what could be possible for your life, you then have a path to follow for success.
3. “A fit and healthy body is the best fashion statement”. With all the passing trends of fashion, it can be hard to keep up with what is in. One thing that is always on trend is your health; staying in shape and being healthy is the best statement you can make.
4. “A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit”. If you have a negative view of a diet, you are not likely to stick with it. However, sticking to a plan can be easier if you don’t take it quite a seriously. When you get a ticket, you pay it and in the same way, when you indulge in too many unhealthy foods, you need to cut back so you don't end up in trouble.
5. “The produce manager is more important than the physician”. People tend to be overly reliant on medications. Sometimes, the best path to health is through your diet and fruits and vegetables should always have a starring role.
6. “Success is getting what you want, and happiness is wanting what you get”. It is important to remember the balance of goals and achievements. As healthy as it is to set goals and have dreams, achieving them is on another level. Therefore you need to be aware of what you get and be happy for it rather than ungrateful; otherwise your drive turns negative.
| Related: Study: 75-Year Harvard Study Reveals the Key To a Happy Life |
7. “You only live once, but if you do it right then once is enough”. If you look at life as a death sentence, then your mind and body will be overcome with negativity and disease. Instead, see life as an opportunity to achieve as much as you can As long as you can say you did your best and you stay happy and healthy, one life is all you need.
8. “Motivation will almost always beat talent”. The key word is almost This is not to say that if you really want to be a doctor, you will perform a procedure better than a surgeon. When you are motivated and do not let anything get in your way, you are more likely to achieve your goals So maybe you start taking those medical classes you had been thinking about.
9. “What I've learned about life: it goes on”. Regardless of the good and bad in our lives, things continue to move forward. Focusing on the present keeps us grounded and prevents us from getting stuck in the past or obsessed with the future.
10. “Life does not happen to us, it happens from us”. Too many people blame 'life' when something goes wrong but in reality, it is our actions that cause certain events. You will be healthier and more mindful when you accept that you are responsible for your actions and take responsibility for the consequences.
11. “Winners make it happen; losers let it happen”. Being in charge of your own destiny is the best way to remain sane and healthy. Instead of passively letting things happen to you or waiting for them to happen, take actions toward your dreams and your success. Whatever you put your mind to will happen.
12. “Dogs have masters. Cats have staff”. Incorporate the qualities of both animals. Love unconditionally like a dog but don't let the world walk all over you. Care for others the way you want to be cared for.
13. “Don't suffer from insanity, enjoy every minute of it”. Instead of seeing your life as crazy and pretending to be someone that fits in; embrace your differences. Enjoy any of your unique traits and qualities. Share them with the world. You will inspire others to be true to themselves, too.
14. “Like bathing, motivation doesn't last. That's why we recommend it daily”. Repetition is important in keeping the mind and body healthy. One day of exercise a year is not going to keep you fit, and that one quote you read last year was probably forgotten. Inspire and motivate yourself daily; there is no better way to start each day then with a positive affirmation.
15. “If you obey all the rules, you miss out on all the fun”. Rules are necessary to keep us safe, but some rules are meant to be broken. When we stick to a rigid structure, we miss out on experiences. Taking risks and stepping outside the box can lead to a new world of opportunities and growth if you have the courage to do it.
16. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures”. Sleep restores your body and laughter restores the soul. Release the stresses and negativity of the day through a good joke and a deep sleep.
17. “When you seek equality, you lack ambition”. There should be no limit to your goals. Don't just try to be as good as your neighbor. You want to be the best you can be and nobody is the same. If your goals have a roof, there is no way to reach your maximum potential.
18. “It's not who you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not”. Negative self-talk about the person you are will get you nowhere. When you set goals and fail to meet them, it is easy to blame yourself. In reality, it is because you don't have faith in the person you can be. Look ahead to the person you can be and the health you can have. Let that person inspire you.
19. “The greatest wealth is health”. All the money in the world means nothing is you are ill and bedridden. The greatest life has to offer is outside your doors and you don't need money to enjoy it; you need good health.
20. “Take care of your body; it's the only place you have to live”. Yes, you do live in a house or apartment or some type of building but that is irrelevant if your body is falling apart. Your true home is the body you are in and you need to cherish and care for it. Unlike a house, you can't just go get a new one once it is worn out.
21. “A long walk does more for your happiness than any medication in the world”. Drugs and prescriptions come with so many side effects and potential dangers that they almost do more harm than good in some cases. A long walk in on a sunny day gives you fresh air, sunshine, beautiful relaxing scenery and exercise. Your body benefits more from natural healing than any chemical cocktail.
22. “Prevention is better than cure”. It is much easier to keep a disease from developing than to suffer through it, trying to get rid of it. Prevention means you don't have to endure any pain or suffering. Take the necessary steps in your life to maintain good health and ward of potential illness. Given that so many serious diseases don't have cures, that seem like the better choice.
23. “Too many people spend their lives watching their health, they forget to enjoy it”. While it is important to take care of your body and maintain a healthy lifestyle, don't go overboard and forget to actually live. You still need to take those risks and try that food. What is the point of living longer if you don't enjoy it?
24. “I exercise for the quality of life I enjoy”. Instead of thinking of exercise as a punishment or chore, realize its benefits. Without a healthy body, the life you experience will be different. A fit and healthy body can take you to any place, any time.
25. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health”. When you are sick with a cold or flu, do you feel good? Are you happy? The answer is no, nobody is happy when they are in pain or feel sick. To truly enjoy life you need to be happy, and to truly be happy you need to be healthy.
The Bottom Line
Reading inspirational quotes can go a long way to keeping your attitude positive and encouraging you to make healthy lifestyle choices. Caring for your soul is as important as brushing your teeth and taking care of your physical body. Focusing on the positives aspects of life and adapting to change can help support your mental and physical health.
Read Next >>> The Miracle Mineral That Can Radically Reduce Anxiety