3 Tasty Taco Recipes You'll Love To Share With Your Family
5 minute read
It's never a bad time to eat tacos! Give your taste buds a treat with these 3 recipes!
Beef Street Tacos
These healthy street tacos are made with fresh ingredients. Word of warning: you and your loved ones will want more than one! Thankfully, you can tweak the ingredient measurements in this recipe to serve large groups. (Phew...)
12 whole corn tortillas warmed
2 lbs beef chopped thin
1 tbsp salt & pepper
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp garlic minced
1 cup cilantro chopped
1 cup onion finely diced
1 medium lime in wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Place thinly chopped beef into the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes, then flip.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook until no longer pink.
- Once the meat is cooked, set aside and serve on warm tortillas. (You can warm them one by one in a separate pan or in the microwave for about 1 minute stacked and wrapped in a paper towel.)
- Spoon the cooked beef into each tortilla and top with onion and cilantro.
- Squeeze with lime juice and Enjoy!
Photo and Recipe Credit: cookingwithmelissa.com | nerdymamma.com | Thanks!
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
If you're looking to go carb-free this year, you'll truly love these tasty turkey wraps!
1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
3/4 cup water
4 oz can tomato sauce
8 large lettuce leaves from Iceberg lettuce
- Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink, add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water, tomato sauce, and then cover.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce.
- Divide the meat equally between the 8 leaves and place in the center of each leaf.
- Top with your favorite taco fixings.
Photo and Recipe Credit: skinnytaste.com | Thank you for these delicious tacos! :)
Roasted Cauliflower Street Tacos
The roasted cauliflower gives these tasty tacos a unique –– and textured –– twist.
¼ of a large red cabbage 2 cups, 220g, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar 45 mL
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp honey or sugar for vegan alternative
¼ tsp salt
½ of a large cauliflower 2 1/2 cups, 312 g, chopped
1 15- oz can chickpeas 425g, strained and patted slightly dry
2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp paprika
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cumin
1 ripe avocado
1 clove garlic minced
¼ cup good olive oil 60 mL
Juice of ½ lime
2 Tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
8 medium tortillas or GF alternative
- Combine all of the Slaw ingredients in a non-metal bowl and set aside.
- Stir every once in a while.
- Gently combine all of the Cauli-Filling ingredients.
- Lay onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F (204 C) for 30 minutes, or until slightly browned and crisp.
- While filling bakes, combine all Sauce ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, spoon Cauli-Filling evenly onto 8 tortillas.
- Top with a heaping spoonful of slaw and avocado sauce.
- Serve immediately or store fillings separately until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Photo and Recipe Credit: Pittsburgh Post Gazette | liveeatlearn.com | Try them out!