Go Green With These 3 Quick, Healthy and Nutritious Recipes
When it comes to nutrition and keeping healthy, green is the new black. Take a look at these 3 easy recipes to incorporate more of this power color into your diet today.
Lemony Black Lentil Salad
This is a great recipe to kick start healthier eating habits, or add to your cookbook.
1 ½ cup black lentils, rinsed and cooked (cover them with water a boil them with a bay leaf for about 40-45 minutes until al dente)
2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 small red onions or 2 shallots (sliced)
2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1 pinch of fresh or dried dill
1 tsp of turmeric
½ tsp of garlic powder
½ cup of hemp seeds
Add dill, turmeric, garlic powder, lemon juice and hemp seeds to a blender. Add ½ cup of water and pulse until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste. (Add more water if mixture is too thick)
- Add lentils, tomatoes, red onions and parsley to a bowl.
- Pour over dressing and combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hummus and Veggie Wrap
2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
1/8 teaspoon of sumac (use lemon pepper as a sub)
1 cup of your favorite hummus (store bought or homemade)
4 pieces wrap bread (we used lavash)
1/2 cup pitted and halved kalamata olives
1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 ounces baby spinach leaves (2 cups lightly packed)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Spread 1/4 cup of the hummus over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle a pinch of the sumac and a couple kalamata halves.
- Top with 3 slices of zucchini, 2 pieces of red pepper, 1/2 cup of the spinach, and 1 tablespoon of the mint.
- Roll each of them up and cut in half on a diagonal.
- Serve and enjoy!
Matcha Green Tea Latte
Matcha is made from green tea leaves that have been milled into a powder. It is rich in antioxidants, will help boost your immune system, and reduce any inflammation.
1 cup almond milk
½ tsp matcha powder
A few drops of pure vanilla extract
- Heat almond milk in a saucepan (don’t let it boil), add vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add matcha powder in a mug.
- Whisk vigorously until frothy.
- Be mindful of temperature.
- Drink and enjoy!