13 Unbelievable Health Benefits of Coconut Water
All over the world people drink coconut water every day. In addition to being a tasty and refreshing drink, there are numerous health benefits of coconut water. Obtained from the interior cavity of a young coconut, it contains plenty of electrolytes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and more. Here are just a few coconut water benefits that make it a beverage worth drinking frequently.
- As the ultimate thirst quencher, coconut water is considerably more effective at rehydrating the human body than sports drinks. One glass contains an astounding 294 mg of potassium, yet has very little sodium or natural sugars. Potassium helps prevent muscle cramps. In addition, it has a greater proportion of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, zinc, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium than many other fruit juices. Coconut water is also a good source of B-complex vitamins, such as folate, niacin, and riboflavin.
- As a 100% natural electrolyte, coconut water can balance unequal electrolyte levels in the body. This has been shown to lower blood pressure. Drinking coconut water on a regular basis decreases the risk of plaque formation in the heart and regulates the circulation of blood within the body. This decreases your risk of having a stroke and/ or heart attack.
- Due to the significant amount of electrolytes coconut water contains, it is also recommended for patients suffering from diarrhea or vomiting to replace lost fluids and decrease the possibility of requiring IV therapy.
- The electrolytes contained in coconut water also help improve the nervous system's ability to function and transmit nerve impulses properly.
- Coconut water has been shown to resolve kidney stones. The potassium it contains can dissolve the stone. Due to potassium's alkalizing effect on the urine, it can also prevent kidney stones from forming.
- Coconut water is completely natural and does not contain any unnatural sugars, artificial colors and flavors, high fructose syrup, or other chemical ingredients. These are all things everyone should avoid as much as possible in their daily diet.
- Due to its hydrating properties, coconut water has an excellent effect on the condition of your skin. It moisturizes the skin even when it is ingested orally, can clear up blemishes on the skin's surface, and can tone up the skin. Studies indicate that the cytokines and lauric acid in coconut water can significantly slow down the signs of aging.They also have anti-thrombotic and anti-carcinogenic properties that keep the connective tissue strong and hydrated.
- As the result of its richness, coconut water makes you feel full more quickly and suppresses your appetite. It also contains a minimal amount of fat, allowing you to drink it without worrying about weight gain. This makes it a good option for anyone trying to lose weight.
- The bioactive enzymes, such as phosphatase, folic acid, peroxidase, and more, that are found in coconut water enhance your metabolism and assists in digestion by making it easier for the body to absorb nutrients.
- Coconut water can help control diabetes when consumed on a regular basis. This is because the improved blood circulation in the body widens blood vessels that tend to get clogged otherwise.
- The antioxidants contained in coconut water fight against free radicals in the body, as well as decreases swelling in the hands and feet.
- When applied to the skin or mixed in your bath water, coconut water has been shown to prevent skin infections.
- Naturally sterile, coconut water has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that can prevent illness. This is especially true in pregnant women. Coconut water also been shown to increase a pregnant woman's amniotic fluid levels and improve the health of the fetus.